Monday, April 5, 2010

Never-Before-Seen Korgoth Sketches!

Boy, do I have a treat for you guys! After some investigative work, I've been staking out the artists' websites involved with the creation of Korgoth. I've been staked out at Justin K. Thompson's blog squeakypen.blogspot.com for quite awhile drooling over all of his artwork. He has alot of amazing cartoon work on this blog. Justin was the background designer for Korgoth of Barbaria. He layed out all the backgrounds for the show. And, after finally getting up enough guts I emailed him on a whim to see if he'd give me any insights into Korgoth. And not only did he reply but he sent a few background sketches from the show!! Well I had to do a little begging for them...And let me tell you, holy shit are they good! Check these bad boys out! (click on them for larger versions.)












Aren't those awesome!? I could just stare at them for hours, but I better not because I don't want to get fired at work. I love the Floating Castle and Gogmagog's cave!
Beggars can't be choosers, but I want to see some more!

Thanks so much for sharing Justin!

Adult Swim, eat your heart out.

This artwork is the copyright of Justin K. Thompson. It is illegal to publish or print any such artwork or text without the written permission by the artist or copyright owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment