Saturday, March 13, 2010

Jog Down Memory Lane...


Korgoth debuted about four years ago. The reason I remember this was because it came out the year I graduated college. I was mid-way through packing up all my junk, getting ready to move. Had the tv on late at night, half-way watching some retarded Robot Chicken episode or something. I was fairly new to Adult Swim, basically I was fairly new to cable in general! Growin up we didn't have cable, the first time I got cable was late in college.

So anywho! Korgoth came on, I was like ok, another cartoon, whatever, and I went back to packing my stuff not really paying attention. But all of a sudden the scene of Korgoth's lengthy pissing session caught my attention! I was like wtf is that!....how funny is that!! Who would've thought to show that. It was sheer brilliance! My eyes were glued to the tv. I continued watching with a school-girl giddyness.

Exploding apples, plucking leeches, saving damsels, smearing pigeon poop, Specules, Bubblegum Monster! All these hilarious gags, mixed with ultra-violence, with a peppering of wit and barbaric humor thrown in. I thought it was the best cartoon I had ever seen. And I still do. I knew it would be an instant hit! And it was.

Many youtube-watching sessions later and I still think it's just as funny the first time as it was four years ago.

What's your fondest Korgothian moment, my minions????

No comments:

Post a Comment